Fremantle Family Crisis Accommodation and Referral Service
This program provides short term (12 weeks) accommodation to families where adults are over 21 years of age that are in housing crisis. Accommodation available within the program consists of two bedroom homes that can house a family of up to two adults and four children. The houses are located within the Fremantle –Cockburn area and are fully furnished including bed and bathroom linen and kitchen appliances and utensils.
As part of the 12 week program, the FFCARS Support Worker will assist you to develop a plan that identifies your goals relating to housing stability and other ongoing support needs. Clients are supported in working towards their goals and assistance is given to link into relevant services.
- Be able to live independently
- Over the age of 18 years
- homelessness not due to domestic violence
- family must have children in their care
- family must have income to support rent payments (low income)
- in need of support and willing to negotiate support plans/ case management plans
- self referrals must be linked in with a support service who agrees to collaborate during the 12 week period
- referring/support agency must assist with an exit plan for the 12 week mark (that is a plan on where the client will be living at the end of the 12 week period or what the referring agency/joint agency propose to put in place at the end of the 12 weeks should accommodation not be achieved )
- couples/partners who are currently living together must be on partnered payments when they come to the program as it enables the program
Fremantle Family Crisis and Referral Service 9475 2977
Monday to Friday between 8am and 4pm
Main reception 9430 4159
Note all services are closed to the public from 1pm on Wednesdays