Single Men and Women 18 years and over
Contact Housing Support 9475 2970
You might be eligible for accommodation if you are
- In receipt of full/partial Centrelink benefits
- 18 years and over
- Are able to live independently
- Willing to use shared facilities where required
- Agree to abide by the licence to occupy and house rules; and
- Are able to meet any specific programs requirements where applicable
If your circumstances meet the basic criteria we will invite you to attend an assessment interview. You will be asked to bring proof of identity to the interview, as well as a current income statement from Centrelink.
We can assist you with this if you do not have these documents.
Our Housing Support Workers will meet with you to discuss:
- Your suitability for housing and the current availability of accommodation options
- Any program specific requirements and support needs
- Your income and what the costs of entering into accommodation will be
- Any other issue which may impact on your ability to maintain a tenancy/license and identify how these can be addressed
If we do not have any suitable vacancies at the time of assessment you may be placed on a wait list or referred to another service if we cannot assist
If housing is not immediately available but you require crisis accommodation, we will do our best to locate some short term accommodation for you.
Once you are offered accommodation, you will be expected to manage your funds by paying accommodation in advance, and it is recommended that you sign up for Centrepay deductions. Our Housing Support Officers will assist you with this.
A bond and key deposit is required. Housing Officers will discuss with you payment options.