Our Volunteers are the heart and soul St Patrick’s. Without volunteers we simply would not be able to provide the range of services that we currently offer.
Volunteering can contribute based on their skills or time available. For example
- Committing to a regular ongoing role (one or two days a week or a month)
- Assisting with one off events or special projects
- Helping behind the scenes with your extraordinary graphic design, IT marketing, or social media skills
- Running a project that helps us to meet our mission
Volunteers work in our:
- Kitchen; which prepares breakfast and a three course lunch on a daily basis
- Health Clinic; reception, allied health services such as podiatry massage therapy and hair dressing
- Dental Clinic – we need dentists as well as dental nurses who can commit to one or two days a month or year
- St Pat’s Rack Op Shop selling a large selection of donated clothes and accessories. All profits directly fund St Pat’s programs
Volunteers also assist with
- Special Events such as our Annual Long Table Dinner held in November or Sleep Out Under the Stars held in March each year
- Fundraising – assisting with events or coordinating your own. Please download our brochure ‘Rough Guide to Fundraising‘ for more information
- Specialist areas and projects– whether you are an artist, events expert, have marketing and PR knowledge, are a keen knitter or are an excellent photographer, there might be something you can help us with
We hold regular information sessions for people who are interested in volunteering with us or just want to find out more about what we do and how you can support our work.
During these sessions we give an overview of the Centre and the way we work, give you a tour of our centre and questions that you might have.
The next information session will be held in 2018 ( date to be advised) at our Community Centre at 12 Queen Victoria St, Fremantle.
Please register your interest by following the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LXKFG7L.
We will send you a reminder email about a week beforehand.