FULL TIME FIXED TERM CONTRACT
20 Lives 20 Homes- Support Worker
2 FTE Positions available
Aboriginality – Please note that one of the FTE positions has been deemed an identified position under Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA).
St Patrick’s is seeking two highly skilled Homes Support workers to join our newly established 20 lives 20 homes program based in Fremantle.
The program will work alongside Ruah and a range of collaborating agencies, to provide intensive wrap around support to individuals facing complex barriers to exiting homelessness. Ruah will provide backbone support for the project, along with after hours support for individuals engaged with the program.
The 20 Lives 20 Homes program aims to remove barriers, through a person-centred and trauma informed approach, working with the individuals to put in place the wrap around services required, brokering of housing, and provision of support to sustain housing in the long term. The service activity will take place exclusively in the Fremantle region.
About the organisation
St Patrick’s Community Support Centre provides a range of integrated community services to assist vulnerable and disadvantaged persons towards self-sufficiency and the best quality of life. The service primarily caters to clients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, and provides access to a range of high quality support services including housing, health, welfare and emergency relief, activities, education and training, meals and day centre facilities In addition we provide specialist services for youth, families, women, single men, those with mental health and substance misuse issues, and rough sleepers.
The 20 Lives 20 Homes Support Worker role will work in a collaborative approach to support chronic rough sleepers to rapidly secure sustainable and stable housing and provides intensive case management through a client-centred and trauma informed approach.
The role involves establishing relationships with chronic rough sleepers in the Fremantle area to;
- provide case managed wrap around support to transition them into accommodation
- lift their engagement with our client services to improve access to intensive support services,
- work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and experiences and accommodating for cultural safety when engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the service.
- Under the provision of Section 50D of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984 (WA), and considering the duties involved and client demographics, Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander Applicants are required for at least one of the two 20 Lives 20 Homes Support Worker positions
- Diploma or Degree Level qualification / or equivalent experience in the field
- Demonstrated relevant experience in case management
- Demonstrate understanding factors contributing to homelessness as well as identified gaps and limitations while working with people experiencing homelessness
To view the full Job Description and Selection Criteria please click here.
To apply for this role please click here.
Please note that these positions are being advertised subject to confirmation of funding, which is anticipated in the near future. An offer of employment, and commencement date of employment, for the successful candidates, will be subject to conditions including finalisation of funding arrangements.
For further information about the position please contact our Director Homelessness and Support Services, Victor Crevatin on 9430 4159.
Please note there is no formal closing date, and applications will stay open and remain advertised until a suitable applicant is appointed. St Patrick’s reserves the right to interview suitable candidates and make offers at any stage. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Other ways to be involved
If you would like to become part of the St Patrick’s Community in other ways, please head over to our ‘Get Involved‘ page.