Join the St. Pat’s Team!
ST PATS RACK – Opportunity Shop – Retail store manager
Part-time 15 – 22.5 hours a week (worked over 3- 5 days)
We are currently seeking a passionate, energetic and innovative second hand fashion retailer to build our current small volunteer run opportunity shop ‘St Pat’s Rack’ into a more sustainable income stream. This is part of our longer term Social Enterprise strategy to increase the number of opportunity shops and level of income over the next 10 years
This role will suit a person who:
- understands second hand fashion and goods retailer
- can think outside the box to identify new initiatives & opportunities to help us stand out in the community op shop market and build our brand awareness of this new enterprise
- experienced in marketing and social media
This is a hands-on role for someone who can support a team of volunteers to deliver outstanding customer experience.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in bringing their retail skills to making a difference to homeless and disadvantaged people in the community.
This is a part-time role, with the opportunity to grow.
More specifically you will have:
- Experience in a second hand or community op shop environment or transferrable skills
- Demonstrated understanding of stock rotation and pricing
- Skilled in merchandising and brand awareness
- Good computer skills
- Can build rapport with a diverse team of volunteers
- Be willing to work as part of small team
Key accountabilities include:
- Assisting in managing and growing our opportunity shop/s
- Assisting in leading our volunteer team
- Sorting and managing incoming and outgoing donations
- Training, supporting and recruiting our dedicated team of volunteers
In return we offer:
- Tax reducing salary packaging
- Excellent working conditions and work life balance
- The opportunity to be part of a team helping to make a difference in the community
For more than 40 years, St Patrick’s has worked to provide immediate and holistic care for the homeless, those at risk of being homeless and the disadvantaged in Fremantle and the wider south west metropolitan area of Perth. Services include welfare assistance, housing (crisis and transitional accommodation), family support and referral, outreach, advocacy, meals, a day centre, essential health provision and a range of specialist services. The agency’s primary aim is to promote social inclusion and self-worth and help people to return to independent living, a safe environment and a better quality of life.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please complete the online application form by clicking here
Applications must be received by 17/06/2019
Please note that prior to any offer of employment, pre-employment checks must be completed; these will include reference checking and a national criminal history check.
Other ways to be involved
If you would like to become part of the St Patrick’s Community in other ways, please head over to our ‘Get Involved‘ page.