Please read about the changes to our services at the bottom of this page or you can see the changes if you go to the service you are looking for in the main menu.
St. Pat’s priority is to protect our staff, clients and volunteers during the Covid-19 epidemic. We are enforcing the recent measures put in place by the Federal Government and the Western Australian Government to keep everyone safe.
During this uncertain time, be assured the St. Pat’s team of compassionate and professional staff will continue to be available to support those who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness.
St. Pat’s already has a very high standard of infection control procedures. However, we have further increased hand hygiene and have developed a COVID-19 Response Plan. We are part of the COVID-19 working group for the homelessness service sector and are working with the government to ensure our clients needs are heard throughout this time.
These are the measures we have taken to maintain the safest possible sites across our organisation
- We use a high-grade disinfectant across all our sites
- For those in our residences or visiting the Day Centre we have ensured that there is access to tissues and soap
- We are working with the government to establish support systems to facilitate self-isolation when required. If you are are a client please contact your case worker if you have any questions about this.
You can help stop the spread of COVID -19 by:
- frequently washing your hands with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser;
- before and after eating; and
- after going to the toilet;
- covering coughs and sneezes and disposing of tissues; and
- if unwell: avoiding contact with others (touching, kissing, hugging, and other intimate contact).
At this stage our services such as the Day Centre will remain open, although we will be changing how we do things in order to ensure the safety of our clients, staff, volunteers and others visiting the Centre. To help us to remain open and continue providing our service, we will need to ask all visitors the following;
- Do you feel unwell with flu like symptoms?
- Have travelled outside of Australia within 14 days?
- Have been in contact with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19?
- If you answer yes to any of these questions we will ask if you have recently been tested and cleared of COVID-19.
- If you have not, we will ask that you leave the premises, self-isolate and get tested.
- We will provide you with information on how to do this and how to access crisis assistance.
- All visitors will need to maintain 1.5 m between each person.
- We may not be able to offer transport support.
We understand these are challenging times, and that the situation is evolving quickly, however, I’d like to assure you that we will face those challenges together.
If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact your case worker or call 08 9430 4159.
Chief Executive Officer
Service Changes –
Take away breakfasts from 7:30am
Take away lunches from 11:45am
Lunches by gold coin donation
Open 7:30am to 1pm
By appointment only between 9am and 2pm – call 9430 4159
Assistance with food vouchers, clothing and transport vouchers, bills and advocacy
By appointment only between 8:30am and 2pm – call 9430 4159
Registered nurse, Counselling, Chiropractor (Tuesdays fortnightly), Physiotherapy, Acupuncture
Street Law (remote access only Tuesdays fortnightly)
Call 9430 4159 for more information about our service changes.
All services may be subject to change.