Housing for Men
St. Pat’s offers a variety of short and medium-term accommodation options for men in the greater Fremantle area. Working together with a case worker, you will need to participate in a number of activities to prepare for independent living. Our goal is to help you get your life back on track so you can live independently.
In order to access this accommodation, you’ll need to be meet the following criteria:
- In receipt of full/partial Centrelink benefits
- 18 years and over
- Are able to live independently
- Willing to use shared facilities where required
- Agree to abide by the licence to occupy and house rules; and
- Are able to meet any specific programs requirements where applicable
If your circumstances meet the basic criteria we’ll invite you to attend an assessment interview. You will be asked to bring proof of identity to the interview, as well as a current income statement from Centrelink.
Our Housing Team is happy to assist you with this if you do not have these documents.
Our Housing Support Workers will meet with you to discuss:
- Your suitability for housing and the current availability of accommodation options
- Any program specific requirements and support needs
- Your income and what the costs of entering into accommodation will be
- Any other issue which may impact on your ability to maintain a tenancy/license and identify how these can be addressed
If we don’t have any suitable vacancies at the time of assessment you may be placed on a wait list or referred to another service if we’re unable to assist you.
If housing is not immediately available but you require crisis accommodation, we’ll do our best to locate some short term accommodation for you.
Once you are offered accommodation, you will be expected to manage your funds by paying accommodation in advance, and it is recommended that you sign up for Centrepay deductions. Our Housing Support Officers will assist you with this.
A bond and key deposit is required. Housing Officers will discuss with you payment options.
For an appointment please call our Housing Support team on 9475 2970
The housing Office is located at 11 Parry Street Fremantle. (Entrance of Ellen Street.)
Housing Office Hours – Mon to Friday 8.00 am to 4.30 ( closed from 1 pm on Wed)