Youth place is able to assist young people who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless and/or have barriers that prevent them from participating in the community. This program offers transitional housing to young people between the ages of 15 and 25 years for up to 12 months with weekly case management.
The eligibility criteria for Youth Place are as follows:
- The young person is aged between 15-25 years (single, couples and families)
- Young people aged between 15 to 16 will need to be linked with DCP and DCP will be their primary case worker
- Must be homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Be in receipt of some kind of income through Centrelink or an employment income
- Prior to being accommodated, clients will be seen as outreach clients and will be required to maintain monthly contact/visit with their allocated youth support worker
This program is delivered in partnership with Youth Futures WA.
Referrals and Accessing the Service
Once the referral form received, one of the friendly youth support worker will make direct contact with the young person and/or service referring within 5 working days and will conduct a brief phone assessment with the young person.
If the program has the capacity to conduct an assessment, the support worker will book the young person in for a face-to-face assessment at the Youth Place office.
However if referrals are closed, the support worker will provide the young person and/or the service referring with other eligible crisis/transitional housing programs within the Perth Metro and will encourage them to contact back Youth Place within four weeks if the young person still in need of housing or support.
Youth Place Emergency Relief– by appointment only
Assistance with food, vouchers and smart riders.
You will need a Medicare card and/or a Health Care card for an appointment.
If Youth Place is unable to assist with Emergency Relief, numbers of other services can be provided.
Contact for assessment, emergency relief and referrals
Agency Referrals – Youth Place Referral Form 2018
You can also call Youth Place:
Jessica – Senior Youth Support Worker: (08) 9475 2978
Lea – Youth Support Worker: (08) 9475 2979
Mark – Youth Support Worker: (08) 9475 2980
Mon to Friday between 8.30am to 4.30pm