Youth Place (15 to 25 years)
Youth place is able to assist young people who are homeless, at risk of becoming homeless and have barriers that prevent them from participating in the community. This program offers transitional housing to young people between the ages of 15 and 25 years for up to 12 months with weekly case management.
The eligibility criteria for Youth Place are:
- The young person is aged between 15-25 years (single, couple and families)
- Young people aged between 15 to 16 will need to be linked with DCP and DCP will be their primary case worker
- Must be homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- Be in receipt of some kind of income through Centrelink or an employment income.
- Prior to being accommodated, clients will be seen as outreach clients and will require to maintain monthly contact/visit with their allocated youth support worker.
This program is delivered in partnership with Youth Futures WA.
Referrals and Accessing the Service
Once referral form received, one of the friendly youth support worker will make direct contact with the young person and/or service referring within 5 working days and will conduct a brief phone assessment with the young person.
If the program has the capacity to conduct assessment, the support worker will book the young person in for a face-to-face assessment at the Youth Place office.
However if referrals are closed, support worker will provide the young person and/or the service referring with other eligible crisis/transitional housing programs within the Perth Metro and will encourage them to contact back Youth Place within four weeks if still in need of housing or support.
Youth Place Emergency Relief– Thursday 10am – 12 pm
Assistance with food, vouchers and smart riders.
You will need a Medicare card and/or a Health Care card for their appointment.
If Youth Place enable to assist with Emergency Relief, other numbers of services can be provided
Contact for assessment, emergency relief and referrals
Agency Referrals – Youth Place Referral Form 2018
Support Workers: (08) 9475 2978
Mon to Frid between 8.30am to 4.30pm
Main reception: (08) 9430 4159
Mon – Frid 9am – – 4pm
All services closed from 1pm on Wednesdays.